Sunday, July 20, 2008

mi item

I've discovered that the best way to enjoy a new restaurant is by having no expectations. Then you can't possibly be disappointed. At the end of the day, you can only be either amused or pleasantly surprised.

As you can see from the big smiles in our picture, this time it was the latter of the two possibilities. But then again, you cannot not smile when posing for a picture with Annika. And a spoon.

First of all, I like the sofa. It's not super brilliant or fluffy or anything, but that's just the point. You're there to enjoy the food, not to get swallowed by a sofa -- which, by the way, must have been sat on by so many people and is thus clearly not hygienic at all. The sofa has a bit of pillows, and the seat is flat, and Annika can sit on it steadily and play.

And then comes the food. I ordered the Black noodles with Basil pesto, and a juice called Lovely Day, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, a Lovely Day consists of pineapple, markisa and honey. It's quite sweet, but it's quite good as well. I like. The noodles was also quite good... the basil pesto was yum crunchy. I also like.

J ordered the Smoked salmon flaky pizza and OJ. Am not crazy about the flaky pizza, but I've always loved smoked salmon, especially when served with capers and dill. Ah! a true love story...

And Annika had a bit of the smoked salmon. She loved it. At first she was chewing and chewing, experiencing the texture. But in the end, she got impatient and slurped the bit right off the spoon and finished it. I suppose my sister is right: nobody wouldn't like smoked salmon.

Conclusion: the restaurant does worth a try. Go forth, have no expectations, sit on a couch, have a bite and enjoy. We did.

No comments: